How To Register For Deers Veteran?

In order to be added to DEERS and to receive an ID card, family members should go to the nearest Identification (ID) facility at a military base to be added to DEERS and obtain a military ID card. To locate the nearest military ID card issuing facility, please visit the ID Card Office Locator.

How do I get registered in deers?

REGISTRATION IN DEERS You can register your family members in DEERS in person at a uniformed services ID card-issuing facility. The required documentation may include a marriage certificate, divorce decree, birth certificate, and/or adoption papers.

How long does it take to enroll in deers?

Some states will have one ready for you the same day you are married (assuming it is on a weekday and the courthouse is open), but other states you will need to send it off and wait for it to be filed and returned which can take up to 60 days (even longer in some states).

You might be interested:  FAQ: How Does A Veteran Get A Free Pass Into National Parks?

What do you need for deers military?


  1. Go to any ID card-issuing office to add your spouse to DEERS.
  2. You’ll need the following documents (originals or certified copies): Marriage certificate. Spouse’s birth certificate. Spouse’s Social Security card. Spouse’s photo ID.

What documents do I need for deers enrollment?

Required Documentation: All DEERS eligible customers must show 2 valid forms of identification (ID), one of which must be an unexpired picture ID such as a driver’s license, military ID or passport. Required documents for an Identification Card and /or Common Access Card per MCO 5512.11d, Par 2.4.

Is milConnect the same as deers?

With milConnect, DoD affiliates and beneficiaries manage their benefits and records through a convenient self-service portal. Integrated applications give them secure access to many of their personal and personnel records held in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).

What is the military deers program?

The Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) is a worldwide, computerized database of uniformed services members (sponsors), their family members and others who are eligible for military benefits, including TRICARE.

How do I know if I am enrolled in DEERS?

You can verify your DEERS information by contacting your regional Tricare managed care support contractor, your local Tricare service center or the nearest personnel office (ID card facility).

How long does DEERS take to update?

You should see changes in the DoD GAL, for DoD Enterprise Email (DEE) users, and in the DoD Enterprise White Pages for both DEE and non-DEE users, within approximately eight hours. It may take up to several days for this data to appear in other downstream systems or applications.

You might be interested:  Which Airlines Give Veteran Discounts?

Can I enroll my wife in DEERS without her?

Retired and active-duty servicemembers are automatically signed up for DEERS but family members aren’t so you’ll have to ask your spouse to enroll you. Your spouse has to be the one to get this started!

What documents are needed for a dependent military ID?

At least one form of ID must be a valid state or federal government-issued picture identification (for example, passport, driver’s license, or current DoD ID card). If you are a dependent, you must provide a completed DD Form 1172-2 and two forms of ID in original form.

What do I need to bring to renew my military ID?

Gather the Appropriate Paperwork

  1. U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport Card.
  2. Permanent Resident Card or an Alien Registration Receipt Card.
  3. Foreign Passport.
  4. Employment Authorization Document that contains a photograph.
  5. Driver’s license or an ID card issued by a state that provides a photograph.
  6. Personal Identity Verification Card.

How do I get a military dependent ID card?

To enroll a dependent or other eligible individual in DEERS, you will need a DD Form 1172-2. You can submit the form through the ID Card Office Online or in person at a RAPIDS site. Use this RAPIDS Site Locator to find a location near you to make an appointment.

How do I get a DD Form 1172?

To generate Form DD-1172-2 for a dependent:

  1. On the “Home” page, click Generate 1172-2.
  2. Verify the configuration of your system and click Proceed.
  3. Click check box next to the name of the dependent for whom you want to request a Form DD-1172-2 and click Proceed.
  4. The “Privacy Act Statement” page will display.
You might be interested:  How To Find If Someone Is Really A Veteran?

How do I add a dependent to deers?

To request that a new family member be added to DEERS:

  1. On the “Home” page, click Add a Family Member.
  2. On the “Add a Family Member” page, click the type of relationship that you have with the family member that you would like to add to DEERS.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *