- Veterans must present their DD-214 at the BMV in order to obtain a special military/Veteran plate.
- The DD-214 must confirm the plate type requested (i.e. if you request a Purple Heart plate, your DD-214 must show you received a Purple Heart).
- 1 Does Ohio have veteran license plates?
- 2 How do I get military plates?
- 3 How do I get a veterans license plate in Ohio?
- 4 What is a special license plate in Ohio?
- 5 What are military exempt plates?
- 6 Where can I get a VSD 001 form?
- 7 How do I get veteran plates in Illinois?
- 8 Can I get new license plates online in Ohio?
- 9 How many miles can you drive with historical plates in Ohio?
- 10 How much does a custom license plate cost in Ohio?
- 11 What are the different types of license plates for Ohio?
- 12 How much does it cost for a custom license plate?
Does Ohio have veteran license plates?
The Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles offers Disabled Veteran license plates to veterans who have a 100% service connected disability and/or have been awarded funds for the purchase of a motor vehicle. The Ohio BMV website explains a registrant’s eligibility for these plates.
How do I get military plates?
Standard Veteran/Armed Forces Plates
- Provide some form of ID to your local DMV.
- Return your old license plate.
- Complete an application form for your new Veteran license plate.
- Pay any necessary fees.
How do I get a veterans license plate in Ohio?
Ohio has over 40 varieties of military license plates including Active duty plates, Reservist plates, Ohio National Guard plates, combat plates and Gold Star Family plates. Veterans must present their DD-214 at their local BMV in order to obtain a special plate.
What is a special license plate in Ohio?
General Information. Specialized interest plates are license plates produced upon customer request which may have a logo supporting a special interest group. All specialized interest plates except military require an annual additional fee for initial and renewal transactions.
What are military exempt plates?
All Military Exempt License Plates are available for passenger cars, trucks that do not exceed 16,000 pounds empty weight, noncommercial or recreation vehicles, motor homes, and motorcycles. First sets of these license plates are exempt from taxes and fees at the time of issuance and at each renewal.
Where can I get a VSD 001 form?
Obtain a Veteran Status Verification Form (VSD-001) which will be issued by the County Veteran Service Office. This form is not available from DMV. Bring the completed VSD-001 to a DMV field office. For faster service, make sure to make an appointment to visit a DMV field office.
How do I get veteran plates in Illinois?
- One must provide a photocopy of DD214 (discharge from military service) indicating applicant was a member of the Army or a letter of verification from the Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs or the federal government showing applicant’s service record.
- The request can only be processed in Springfield.
Can I get new license plates online in Ohio?
If you need to replace your Ohio registration, you can do so either in-person, online or by mail. You must also pay the following applicable fees: One license plate is $10.50.
How many miles can you drive with historical plates in Ohio?
The state puts limitations on the use of antique vehicles, which must be at least 25 years old, with antique plates. For example, their owners may drive them to car club activities, in parades and on pleasure trips of no more than 250 miles from home.
How much does a custom license plate cost in Ohio?
Fee: The fee for a personalized license plate in Ohio is $50 in addition to the regular renewal fee.
What are the different types of license plates for Ohio?
Types of License Plates in Ohio
- Specialty License Plates.
- Disability License Plates & Placards.
- Personalized License Plates.
How much does it cost for a custom license plate?
Typical costs: Each state regulates the designs of its specialty plates and the customized messages allowed. Fees and requirements vary, but typically there is an initial fee of $5-$100 or more for a personalized or specialty plate, plus an annual renewal charge of $0-$80 or more.