For assistance or to ask questions about your claim status please call the Veterans Benefits Administration national call center. The call center may be reached by dialing :1-800-827-1000.
- 1 Who do I contact about my VA benefits?
- 2 How do I get my veterans benefits?
- 3 How do I talk to someone at the VA?
- 4 Why have I not received my VA disability payment?
- 5 Do all Veterans get benefits?
- 6 What qualifies someone as a veteran?
- 7 How do I check my VA benefits?
- 8 How do I contact VA by phone?
- 9 Does the VA pay for cremation?
- 10 What time do VA disability checks get deposited?
- 11 Can VA disability be taken away?
- 12 Are VA payments a month behind?
Who do I contact about my VA benefits?
- MyVA411 main information line. 800-698-2411. Hours: 24/7.
- Telecommunications Relay Services (using TTY) 711. Hours: 24/7.
- VA benefits hotline. 800-827-1000. Hours: Monday through Friday,
- GI Bill hotline. 888-442-4551.
- VA health benefits hotline. 877-222-8387.
- My HealtheVet help desk. 877-327-0022.
How do I get my veterans benefits?
Veterans Benefits Administration
- Website: Veterans Benefits Administration.
- Contact: Contact the Veterans Benefits Administration.
- Local Offices: Find Facilities and Services Near You.
- Phone Number: 1-202-461-9763 (Order Publications)
- Toll Free:
- Popular Services fromVeterans Benefits Administration.
How do I talk to someone at the VA?
Will You be able to speak to a live agent? Yes! When you call 1-800-MyVA411 and press 0, you will reach a live agent for immediate assistance or connection to the right VA experts.
Why have I not received my VA disability payment?
If your decision notice shows at least a 10% disability rating, you’ll get your first payment within 15 days. If you don’t get a payment within 15 days, please call the Veterans Help Line at 800-827-1000 (TTY: 711).
Do all Veterans get benefits?
All Veterans receive coverage for most care and services, but only some will qualify for added benefits like dental care. The full list of your covered benefits depends on: Your priority group, and.
What qualifies someone as a veteran?
The term “veteran” means a person who served in the active military, naval, or air service, and who was discharged or released therefrom under conditions other than dishonorable.
How do I check my VA benefits?
Need more help?
- VA benefits hotline: 800-827-1000.
- eBenefits technical support: 800-983-0937.
- MyVA411 main information line: 800-698-2411.
- If you have hearing loss, call TTY: 711.
How do I contact VA by phone?
The call center employs about 400 people. The call center is part of Veterans Health Administration Member Services, which is a separate entity from the Colmery-O’Neil VA Medical Center, which provides health care to veterans in a hospital and outpatient-care setting.
Does the VA pay for cremation?
The VA provides burial benefits to eligible veterans to help cover the expense of cremation or a funeral. That means families must first pay for the cost of cremation or burial and then submit a request along with receipts.
What time do VA disability checks get deposited?
Disability payment benefits for a particular month are paid the first business day of the following month. When the first business day of the month falls on a non-business day or a holiday, VA benefits will be paid on the last business day of the preceding month.
Can VA disability be taken away?
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) can take away your disability rating if it determines you received your rating fraudulently, or if it determines it made a “clear and unmistakable error” when issuing your rating.
Are VA payments a month behind?
The VA pays benefits a month behind, just like Social Security pays disability benefits a month behind. This means your VA benefit payment for February will go into your bank account via direct deposit on March 1st.